Long hair is often favored over short hair, as a full head of hair itself is seen by many to be the crowning glory for a woman’s beauty. Accordingly, many women will go to great lengths in their efforts to grow long hair rather than cutting it short, even at considerable expense of money and effort for hair care and hair maintenance.
There are many ways to grow your hair longer and faster – many people will even buy hair products for that specific goal, while others go for the natural ways of growing hair. The thing is, it doesn’t matter how fast or slow your hair grows; what matters most is that it will grow in a healthy way.
Here are some of the essential points that you may want to know when it comes to growing long hair.
- Hair growth is relative to the overall health of your scalp. When you are healthy, then chances are your hair will grow faster and healthier. What you eat and drink affects the quality of your hair in as much as it affects your body. People with deficiencies in vitamins and minerals are likely to have thin, brittle hair quality.
- Scalp massage. This may be something new to you, but a massage on the scalp once in a while can actually help in faster hair growth.
- Stay away from heat of the sun. You stay away from heat not because it slows down the hair growth. You stay away from heat because it’s bad for your hair, and you’re likely going to get split-ends. And when you have split-ends, then you need to trim your hair every now and then, limiting your chances for a longer hair.
- Moisturize your hair. One of the key reasons for a faster hair growth is when the hair is well moisturized. Hair tends to get dry very easily, and experts advise to moisturize it.
- Don’t get stress! Stress is indeed a huge factor in hair quality. It does not only slow hair growth, it can also lead to hair loss!
If you are a female who is black and you would like to grow natural long hair, this article will provide you with guidelines to assist you in getting it done. It is very important to note that this will possibly not work for certain kinds of hair.
Ensure that your ends are clipped every 4 to 6 weeks. If you develop split ends and you do not clip them off, they will keep on splitting all the way up the hair and this will result in hair loss. As a black woman, the key to growing beautiful long hair is to condition your hair on a weekly basis and do a deep condition monthly for the duration of the summer months. During the winter, the hair should be deep conditioned every 2 weeks.
A solution of 50% warm water plus 50% shampoo is the most effective method of washing your hair. Prepare the diluted solution about 5 minutes ahead of time and pour the mixture over your hair to wash it. Very lightly work in the solution from end to end starting at the scalp and take care so the length is not tangled. KeraCare Hydrating and Tresemme Moisture Rich are both exceptional shampoos for black girl with natural long hair.
Wash the hair as required based on the type and health of the hair. This could possibly be on a weekly basis with products that are designed for dry hair, are pH balanced and do not contain harsh sulfates or alcohol. Ensure that you do not wash too much; typically once is enough. Over-washing could result in damaging the hair, which ultimately will bring about breakage.
Gently rub your scalp very while washing; this will cause sleeping follicles to reawaken and promote healthier, thicker hair. If the shampoo that you use is usually thick, use warm water to dilute it prior to using it on the hair. This will cause the shampoo to be much easier to rinse out and this will allow you to administer a more gentle treatment to your hair it is washed.
Make use of a regular moisturizing conditioner subsequent to every wash; however, you should do a deep condition treatment at least on a monthly basis. KeraCare Humecto Cream and Tresseme Moisture Rich are amazing conditioners for black girl long hair. After you use a relaxer on your hair or at least once per month, an application of protein reconstructor would do your hair a world of good. Aphogee Protein Reconstructor is superb for hair that tends to be dry.